These Objectives came from the SWOT analysis performed by the international Council and the agreed aims of the organization. The Key Results, which follow each objective, are measurable goals, >70% completion of which demonstrates achievement of the particular Objective. They have been approved by the Executive Committee.
Objective 1: Develop a worldwide Anglican evangelical identity, to promote fellowship, diversity and unity in truth.
- Implement a strategy to describe and commend being “Evangelical” in the Anglican context. Clarify the issues at stake, and plan its dissemination via geographical clergy conferences and, eventually, an international conference.
- Increase diversity in leadership structures: with respect to geographical region, language, profession, and gender.
- Increase the number of people involved in the prayer/intercessor chain.
- Appoint a Communication Contact in each Chapter to encourage wider participation in the EFAC online presence.
Objective 2: Develop organizational structures to increase visibility and enable mission
- Confirm an effective constitution that clarifies the Statement of Faith and the role of the Trustees, as it enables the aims to be reached.
- Establish five new Chapters in 2019.
- Enable Staff to visit five Chapters, with reports in the newsletter, website, and another publication as to activity.
Objective 3: Develop biblical literacy
- Select a TRN of theologians; hold two TRN consultations per year around a topic of local concern, with results to be published.
- Initiate a plan/partner with others to endorse and make available an introduction to biblical theology: At a basic level for new or uninstructed believers; At a pre-theological training level, for lay leaders and potential ordinands.
- Publish two popular level articles of news, views and reflections in each EFAC online newsletter.
- Publicize a peer-reviewed theological article from a TRN member.
- Publish six theological articles in the next year through the EFAC monthly online newsletter. (TRN)
- Select African editors for “Disciples who Make Disciples”; publish in English in Kenya, Nigeria; select translators for more versions.
Objective 4: Develop financial resources to support projects and growth
- Agree budget and plan to raise it for 2019, and review for 2020.
- Raise budget with widespread support from member groups, congregations, individuals, trusts and fee-based services.
- Agree and plan fundraising projects, which might include EFAC teaching tours, book royalties, conferences, retreat presentations.