PRESS RELEASE FROM THE CHAIR OF THE EXECUTIVE of EFAC
The Evangelical Fellowship in the Anglican Communion (EFAC) is pleased to announce that at a meeting of the Executive Committee held on Tuesday 16 July 2019 the Rt. Revd. Henry Scriven was appointed as interim General Secretary until the next meeting of the full Council. Bishop Henry succeeds the Revd Richard Crocker who did an important and much needed work in reviving international co-ordination of the many EFAC national fellowships and promoting new EFAC fellowships.
Bishop Henry was ordained in the Diocese of London in 1975. His experience includes
- parish ministry in England and the USA
- serving as South American Mission Society (SAMS) mission partner in Argentina and Europe
- church planting in Spain
- serving as Suffragan Bishop in Europe and Assistant Bishop in the Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh
- serving as Church Mission Society (CMS) Latin America Mission Director
- serving as Honorary Assistant bishop in Oxford, Winchester and Chichester
Bishop Henry formerly served as a Board member of SAMS USA, SOMA USA, Anglicans for Life and New Wineskins and currently with ICS, Overseas Bishoprics Fund, CMS Latin America Forum and is an Honorary Vice President of CMJ.
All enquiries can be directed through the EFAC website at https://efacglobal.com/.
Bishop Stephen Hale (Chair of the Executive) Friday, 19 July 2019