WE UPHOLD EVANGELICAL TRUTH BY:
TEACHING AND DEFENDING OUR BIBLICAL REFORMED HERITAGE, WHICH IS FOCUSED ON GRACE
- EFAC works with its sister organizations to produce, publish, and publicize informative articles.
- EFAC helps sponsor educational conferences.
- EFAC works to provide biblical teaching to leaders.
DEVELOPING THE THEOLOGICAL RESOURCE NETWORK
- Dr Peter Walker is leading this project. Its first consultation was held in Uganda in June 2019 on Moral Leadership in the Church.The report can be viewed on the website.
INVESTING IN LEADERSHIP FORMATION
- EFAC trains chapter leaders through conferences and production of a manual.
- EFAC is implementing a pilot senior clergy leadership training system for the Church of Kenya over the next two years.
- What is learned will be utilized for wider replication in the future.
WE ENCOURAGE FELLOWSHIP IN THE GOSPEL BY:
SUPPORTING EXISTING NATIONAL/PROVINCIAL EFAC CHAPTERS
- EFAC assists regional chapters with their on line presence.
- EFAC has instituted a financial policy whereby it assists regional chapters with acquiring the funds they need for effective ministry.(Full text available under ‘Reading” tab.)
- EFAC attends and participates in regional chapter conferences. See the calendar.
ENCOURAGING THEIR FORMATION WHERE NONE EXIST
- EFAC is in contact with archbishops and bishops from around the world who want to start regional EFAC chapters.
- EFAC is producing a manual to assist with EFAC start-ups, based on the 2018 training conference in Nairobi.
ENABLING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SIMILARLY-MINDED GROUPS FOR JOINT INITIATIVES
- EFAC works cooperatively with sister organizations.
- Currently, EFAC is actively engaged in projects with Julia Cameron of Lausanne Fellowship and Church Society.
- EFAC is in conversation with several theological colleges regarding the provision of resources to the global Anglican Church.
WE WORK THROUGHOUT THE ANGLICAN COMMUNION AND BEYOND BY:
ELECTING AN INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Part I of a meeting of the Council occurred in June in Jerusalem. Part II occurred in October in Nairobi.
- An Executive Committee was elected in Nairobi.
COOPERATING IN MISSION, EVANGELISM AND SERVICE
- EFAC works cooperatively with EFAC chapters around the world.
OBJECTIVES AND KEY RESULTS FOR 2019
These Objectives came from the SWOT analysis performed by the international Council and the agreed aims of the organization. The Key Results, which follow each objective, are measurable goals, >70% completion of which demonstrates achievement of the particular Objective. They have been approved by the Executive Committee.
OBJECTIVE 1: DEVELOP A WORLDWIDE ANGLICAN EVANGELICAL IDENTITY, TO PROMOTE FELLOWSHIP, DIVERSITY AND UNITY IN TRUTH.
- Implement a strategy to describe and commend being “Evangelical” in the Anglican context. Clarify the issues at stake, and plan its dissemination via geographical clergy conferences and, eventually, an international conference.
- Increase diversity in leadership structures: with respect to geographical region, language, profession, and gender.
- Increase the number of people involved in the prayer/intercessor chain.
- Appoint a Communication Contact in each Chapter to encourage wider participation in the EFAC online presence.
OBJECTIVE 2: DEVELOP ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURES TO INCREASE VISIBILITY AND ENABLE MISSION
- Confirm an effective constitution that clarifies the Statement of Faith and the role of the Trustees, as it enables the aims to be reached.
- Establish five new Chapters in 2019.
- Enable Staff to visit five Chapters, with reports in the newsletter, website, and another publication as to activity.
OBJECTIVE 3: DEVELOP BIBLICAL LITERACY
- Select a TRN of theologians; hold two TRN consultations per year around a topic of local concern, with results to be published.
- Initiate a plan/partner with others to endorse and make available an introduction to biblical theology: At a basic level for new or uninstructed believers; At a pre-theological training level, for lay leaders and potential ordinands.
- Publish two popular level articles of news, views and reflections in each EFAC online newsletter.
- Publicize a peer-reviewed theological article from a TRN member.
- Publish six theological articles in the next year through the EFAC monthly online newsletter. (TRN)
- Select African editors for “Disciples who Make Disciples”; publish in English in Kenya, Nigeria; select translators for more versions.
OBJECTIVE 4: DEVELOP FINANCIAL RESOURCES TO SUPPORT PROJECTS AND GROWTH
- Agree budget and plan to raise it for 2019, and review for 2020.
- Raise budget with widespread support from member groups, congregations, individuals, trusts and fee-based services.
- Agree and plan fundraising projects, which might include EFAC teaching tours, book royalties, conferences, retreat presentations.